Special Events & Virtual Vault
The 39th Annual Family Nature Day on Saturday, September 26, 2020 has been cancelled, but a virtual version is on its way!
Speaking of virtual programming…
White Memorial Conservation Center has been offering virtual programs since mid-March. Check out our “Virtual Vault” of past programs and useful resources:
For all of our past education programs on FB Live, visit The White Memorial Conservation Center’s Videos page.
1) Earthworm Presentation with Research Director James Fischer
Nature’s News Episode 1 with Carrie Szwed, Education Director
Nature’s News Episode 2 with Carrie Szwed, Education Director
Nature’s News Episode 3 with Carrie Szwed, Education Director
Nature’s News Episode 4 with Carrie Szwed, Education Director
PROGRAM FOLLOW-UP RESOURCES
1) “Planting for the Bee’s Needs” Webinar:
Bees Needs Information Resource
Native Trees and Shrubs for Bees
Native Wildflowers for Bees
A MESSAGE FROM OUR BOARD REGARDING COVID-19
When enjoying White Memorial, please be respectful and courteous to others, and follow the social distance etiquette:
– If you arrive at trail and crowds are forming, choose another trail.
– Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people, whether you’re walking, biking, or hiking. Practice it and know what it looks like.
– Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times.
– PLEASE KEEP ALL DOGS ON LEADS.
Our number one priority will always be the health and safety of our visitors and staff. Thus, we are instituting the following protocols:
– Virtual programming will continue until further notice. Regular programs at the Conservation Center are postponed until further notice. Please call the Museum regarding live outreach programs using social distancing protocol.
– The Nature Museum will be closed until further notice.
– The White Memorial property will remain open to visitors.
– Outhouses will be closed. Tentative opening date is June 12, 2020.
– The Point Folly Campground and Campground Store are open. Autumn hours can be found on the Campground page of our website. The Windmill Hill Campground is closed for the season.
– All buildings are closed until further notice.
– All property rentals are canceled until further notice.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding.